|Language(s)||Lovian English, Oceana|
|Next to||Bardeyow, Dien Village, Newmouth, Tshadsa|
Westwall (IPA: /'wɛstl̩/ or /'wɛstwɑ:l/; Oceana: Westwall or Viestal, IPA: /'wɛstwalʲ/ or /'viə̯stal/; Slovak: Viestaľ, IPA: /'vjɛstalʲ/) is a Lovian hamlet in the state of Oceana, in the Beaver River Mouth district. Westwall lies on the shore of the Beaver River. It is located inbetween Newmouth and Tshadsa.
Of the 537 inhabitants of the Beaver River district, 168 live in Westwall. According to the 2015 census, the racial make-up of Westwall was 168 white (100%); ethnically there were 71 Oceana (45,24%), 69 Slovaks (41,07%), 18 Lovians (10,71%), 3 Poles (1,79%), and 2 Dutch people (1,19%). The first-language distribution was recorded as 113 English (67,26%), 42 Slovak (25,00%), 8 Oceana (4,76%), 3 Polish (1,79%), and 2 Dutch (1,19%). The distribution of religious affiliations was 121 Roman Catholic (72,02%), 7 United Protestant (4,17%), 2 Dutch Protestant (1,19%), and 38 with no religious affiliation (22,62%).
Westwall is located on the western bank of the Beaver River. The surrounding lands are known to be very fertile. The center of the built-up area is located at approximately 25 meters high. West of Westwall lies a forest area.
Of the 402 functioning registrated buildings in Westwall, 66 have a residential designation, 160 are stalls, sheds or workhouses, 27 have a religious designation, 35 are shops or services buildings, 20 are governmental buildings, and 94 are undefined.
Most of the inhabitants of Westwall are employed in forestry or the agricultural sector. According to the 2013 census, the working population is 93 (63,3%), of which 26 have no registrated jobs (28%) and 8 are unemployed (8,6%).
Now follows the voting results for the local State Elections:
|Entitled to vote||122||124||126|
Westwall is served by the Bus Service Oceana:
- Line 22: Hurbanova to Newmouth (buses for eight to sixteen travellers);
- Line 23: Newmouth to Hurbanova (buses for eight to sixteen travellers);
- Line 24: Dien Village to Noble City (buses for eight to sixteen travellers; only early in the morning).
The following bus stops lie within Westwall's zone of habitation: River Bank and Westwall. A bus stop shared with Tshadsa is Langholm Road.
References and notes Edit
- ↑ Oceana Demographic Center (2014), data for the entire hamlet's area.
- ↑ Voting results for these elections may not be fully accurate, as some people were still registrated in Hurbanova and East Hills, due to the transition to the district system. As a result, the amount of registered voters in the hamlet is lower than the actual amount; while some votes in built-up areas are actually votes from hamlets.