The Oceana Demographic Center (Oceana: Demografni Senter 'Oshenna, IPA: [ˈd̪ɛmoˌgʁafn̪̊i ˈsɛn̪t̪ɛʁ ɔo̯ˈʃɛn̪ʲɑ]) is an initiative to provide more demographic information about the inhabitants of the state of Oceana. It is sponsored by the Government of Oceana and is led by the Oceana State Department of Urban Planning and Development. Its offices are located Oceana Capitol.
- See also: /2014 for previous censi.
Population Oceana: 48,265
- Hurbanova: 40,243 (83,36%)
- Built-up areas: 37,472 (77,64%)
- Rural areas: 2,771 (5,74%)
- East Hills: 8,022 (16,62%)
Oceana has the lowest percentage of people living in rural areas of Lovia: 43,999 (91,16%) people live in built-up areas, while just 4,266 (8,84%) people live in rural areas.
|Oceana||24,741||51,26||Officially recognized as main ethnicity|
|Lovian||9,303||19,27||Officially recognized as main ethnicity|
|Limburgish||3,793||7,86||Officially recognized as a minority|
|Slovak||3,380||7,00||Officially recognized as a minority|
|Romanian||2,122||4,40||Officially recognized as a minority|
|Dutch||1,178||2,44||Officially recognized as a minority|
|Polish||884||1,83||Officially recognized as a minority|
|Romanian Orthodox Church||1,886||3,91|
|Other Orthodox Churches||661||1,37|
|United Protestant Church||2,093||4,34|
|Protestant Church in the Netherlands||256||0,53|
|Free Church of Lovia||126||0,26|
|Other Protestant Churches||201||0,42|
First language Edit
|English||25,195||52,20||Official State Language (English)|
|Narasha 'Oshenna||7,760||16,08||Official State Language|
|Hurbanovan English||5,341||11,07||Official State Language (English)|
|Limburgish||3,328||6,90||Officially recognized as minority language|
|Slovak||2,604||5,40||Officially recognized as minority language|
|Romanian||1,693||3,51||Officially recognized as minority language|
|Dutch||579||1,20||Officially recognized as minority language|
|Polish||450||0,93||Officially recognized as minority language|
Language proficiency Edit
These statistics indicate language knowledge on an advanced level. It also includes the native speakers of a language, so it cannot be used as second language statistics. This list only includes languages spoken by more than 1,000 people.
|English||45,830||95,00||Used in education|
|Narasha 'Oshenna||30,995||64,23||Used in education|
- ↑ The Oceana ethnicity consists of those of the original Oceana inhabitants who spoke the Oceana language. They mostly consist of ethnic Slovaks, Polish, and Scots.
- ↑ The Lovian ethnicity consists of those who did not speak the Oceana language, or those born in Lovia who migrated from other Lovian states to the State of Oceana after the sixties.
- ↑ Plans for the recognition of the Roman Catholic Church have been discussed but have not yet been accepted.
- ↑ English includes all English dialects except for Hurbanovan English.
- ↑ The number of first speakers of the Oceana language might be too high because of political reasons.
- ↑ Narasha 'Oshenna is official recognized as one of the two State Languages and is protected from extinction and dialect levelling.
- ↑ The number of first speakers of the Hurbanovan English language might be too low because the language has little prestige.
- ↑ Hurbanovan English is not separately recognized as a State Language. Because of this, legal protection for the dialect is not possible and all signs should be written in the standard orthography of English.
- ↑ Includes all English dialects except for Hurbanovan English.