The George Ský Translation is a translation of the first part of the Bible to the Old Oceana language. It was translated by George Ský from 1904 to 1906. A translation to contemporary Oceana has been made by Oos Wes Ilava.
- Original text
GENISIS: KAPITOLA ONE
1. Spotshiatku God stworil ye te nebo a tu zemu.
2. A ta zem bol ye bezform, a praznina; a tma bol ye na tow zragou teho bezdna. A ty Duh Goda hnul ye na tu zragu ty wodyh.
3. A God povedal ye, Lete byt swetlo: a da bol ye swetlo.
4. A God uwidiel ye swetlo, tat bol ye dobre: a God delil ye swetlo od tej tmy.
5. A God kalil ye te swetlo Denya, a tu tmu kalil ye Notsu. A ty wetsher a te rano bol ye ty prwy denh.
- English version
GENISIS: CHAPTER ONE
1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
- Modern version
GENISIS: CAPITOL ONE
1. I that bigen God towritteth that nebo an that earth.
2. An that earth was kueout form, an void; an temon was po that twar o'that deep. An that Dutch o'God gnuteth po that twar o'thie vods.
3. An God povedatteth, Les da bite swetlo: an daws swetlo.
4. An God vitteth that swetlo, that iaws dober: an God dividovatteth that swetlo o'that temon.
5. An God calleth that swetlo Den, an that temon he calleth Nots. An that vecher an that mouning wer that onest den.