|Founded||February 14, 2017|
Limited free market
|Close to||Moderate Centrist Party, Green Party, Animal Rights Party, CNP, UL|
|Far from||UNS, IGP|
Centrist Solution, often referred to as simply the Centrists, is an unrepresented Lovian political party that was founded on February 14, 2017 in response to changes to the Lovian constitution and electoral system. The Centrist Solution was largely formed by individuals with no previous political experience, in addition to members of various closely related parties including the Moderate Centrist Party, Green Party, Animal Rights Party, CNP and United Left. It is positioned on the centre of the political spectrum, and its four core principles are defined as centrism, decentralization and redistribution of powers, support for a limited free market economy, and environmentalism and animal rights.
Internal party politics are determined democratically by the Centrist Solution Party Congress, comprising influential party members elected by registered members. As of February 2017, there are currently 3,000 registered party members. The party was founded and is currently led by Rhys Carpenter, who formerly worked as a professor at Blackburn University.
The Centrist Solution was formed on February 14, 2017 in response to the changes to the constitutional and electoral reform, which would be approved the following day. It was largely formed by individuals with no previous political experience, in addition to members of various closely related parties including the Moderate Centrist Party, Green Party, Animal Rights Party, CNP and United Left.
- We support a slightly progressive tax rate balancing hard work and the redistribution of wealth.
- We support greater allocation of funds to pensions and social care for the elderly to reward hard working individuals.
- We support a small contribution to benefits to provide some social security whilst encouraging individuals to work.
- We support a national healthcare system to rectify the issues at state level.
- We support further devolution and redistribution of powers to states, with special language and cultural rights for Oceana.
- We support the establishment of a nationwide controlled immigration system favouring skilled immigration.
- We support the creation of an animal protection law with harsh jail sentences.
- We support increased funding to education benefiting both individuals and businesses.
- We support the protection of Lovia's national parks and greenbelt and will oppose any attempt to sabotage them.
- We support investment to replace outdated infrastructure before the undertaking of megaprojects, such as Mobility 2020.
- We support the creation of bicycle sharing systems in Lovia's state capitals (Noble City, Newhaven, Hurbanova, Sofasi, Kinley)
- We support a limited free market economy however feel it is important the government retains a role in important industries.
- We support a reduction in university tuition fees.
- We support support equality and would oppose any attempt to discriminate in the law.
- We support working with small businesses to help find employment without heavily interfering with the free market.
- We support abortion under 12 weeks, unless under special circumstances.
- We oppose the legalization of marijuana.
- Rhys Carpenter (Leader)