An amendment is a change made to a pending motion or bill by a motion to amend, or to a previously adopted law or motion. In Lovia, it is almost exclusively used as a synonym of a constitutional amendment, a change made to a written constitution. Article 7 of the Lovian Constitution defines an amendment as "a motion to amend the Constitution". It requires a special majority of more than two thirds, so at least 66.67% (prior to 2010: 75%).
List of Constitutional amendments Edit
In the course of recent history, ten amendments have been made to the 2007 Constitution:
- First Amendment, fixing word choices and unclearities
- Second Amendment, stressing the unitarity of the national state
- Third Amendment, reforming citizenship registration and reviewing the executive power of the ruling monarch and Prime Minister
- Fourth Amendment, settling language matters
- Fifth Amendment, reforming federal election voting procedures
- Sixth Amendment or 2010 State Reform, reforming the states, including the abolishment of state courts, state police, and introducing Deputy Governors
- Seventh Amendment, giving all citizens the right to three residences
- Eighth Amendment, introducing a Congressional Journal
- Ninth Amendment, reforming the appointment and dismission procedures for Supreme Court Judges
- Tenth Amendment or 2011 State Reform, reforming Congress, the Prime Minister, the position of the ruling monarch, and giving rights to fair trials
- Eleventh Amendment, reformed the judiciary system and made the King a non-voting MOTC.
|Law in Lovia|
Constitution - Amendment - 1st - 2nd - 3rd - 4th - 5th (Voting Reform) - 6th (2010 State Reform) - 7th - 8th - 9th - 10th (2011 State Reform) - 11th