|You can always fill in some information on this time period. Wikipedia might be a good source.|
1991 was a common year starting on Tuesday. It followed 1990 and preceded 1992. It is commonly known to be the year in which several Lovian statesmen and businessman were born, such as King Dimitri I and Enrico Pollini.
The year 1991 is designated in the Chinese calendar as the Year of the Sheep (from the start of the Chinese new year: Feb 15 1991, to Feb 03 1992). Any 1991 dates before February 15th are within the year of the horse.
In the world Edit
- 4 - The United Nations Security Council votes unanimously to condemn Israel's treatment of the Palestinians.
- 12 - Gulf War: The Congress of the United States passes a resolution authorizing the use of military force to liberate Kuwait.
- 15 - The United Nations deadline for the withdrawal of Iraqi forces from occupied Kuwait expires, preparing the way for the start of Operation Desert Storm.
- 17 - Gulf War: Iraq fires eight Scud missiles into Israel.
- 17 - Harald V of Norway becomes king on the death of his father, Olav V.
- 17 - Dimitri Neyt, Vice President and refounder of Libertas, is born.
- 22 - Three SCUDs and one Patriot missile hit Ramat Gan in Israel, injuring 96 people. Three elderly people die of heart attacks.
- 24 Gulf War: Eight man Special Air Service squad enters Iraq behind enemy lines to destroy Scud missiles. The mission failed and many were captured and tortured and some were killed. But eight SAS Troopers managed to kill 200 Iraqi soldiers.
- 26 - Somalia President Siad Barre flees his compound in Mogadishu.
- 1 - A USAir Boeing 737-300, Flight 1493 collides with a Skywest Fairchild Metroliner, Flight 5569 at Los Angeles International Airport killing 34.
- 9 - Voters in Lithuania support independence.
- 11 - UNPO, the Unrepresented Nations & Peoples Organization, forms in The Hague, Netherlands.
- 13 - Gulf War: Two laser-guided "smart bombs" destroy an underground bunker in Baghdad, killing hundreds of Iraqis. United States military intelligence claimed it was a military facility but Iraqi officials identified it as a bomb shelter.
- 15 - The Visegrad Agreement, establishing cooperation to move toward free-market systems, is signed by the leaders of Czechoslovakia, Hungary and Poland.
- 18 - The Provisional Irish Republican Army explodes bombs in the early morning at both Paddington station and Victoria station in London.
- 22 - Gulf War: Iraq accepts a Russian-proposed cease fire agreement. The U.S. rejects the agreement, but said that retreating Iraqi forces would not be attacked if they left Kuwait within 24 hours.
- 23 - In Thailand, General Sunthorn Kongsompong deposes Prime Minister Chatichai Choonhavan in a bloodless coup d'état.
- 25 - Gulf War: Part of an Iraqi Scud missile hits an American military barracks in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia killing 29 and injuring 99 U.S. soldiers. It is the single, most devastating attack on U.S. forces during that war.
- 26 - Gulf War: On Baghdad radio, Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein announces the withdrawal of Iraqi troops from Kuwait. Iraqi soldiers set fire to Kuwaiti oil fields as they retreat.
In Lovia Edit
Arts and popular culture Edit
- 16 - Enrico Pollini, Italian-Lovian politician and businessman
- 16 - Marius Ştefan, citizen
- 12 - Robert Maserati, pétanque player and crime suspect
|Years: 1990 - 1991 - 1992 - 1993 - 1994 - 1995 - 1996 - 1997 - 1998 - 1999|